When I grew up in the late 80’s and 90’s I and other children played with dolls, cars and other typical toys. Even though I didn’t, I had friends playing with Barbie dolls and My little ponies through out middle school. At school breaks we played all sorts of games or sports outside. It didn’t matter that we were twelve years old- we were still playing hide and seek in the bushes, getting all wet and dirty. We didn’t really care about our looks or appearance. We were just children having fun.
,
When I now meet children in middle school I notice that they do not play together the same way children did when I grew up. They also talk about other things than we did. They discuss things which I, when I was twelve, wouldn’t have understood or at least thought of as topics for teenagers or adults. Subjects as what clothes to wear, makeup, how to wear your hair, who’s thin and who’s fat and how to look your best to your friends and the opposite sex.
.
Today’s children grow up so fast. To fast! They don’t only talk about things they shouldn’t be concerned about they also dress more like adults and clothes like short skirts, high-heeled shoes, brand sneakers and t-shirts aren’t very suitable for playing. I have seen too many eleven year olds acting like teenagers and think they are too old and to cool to play silly games at school breaks. Instead they gather to talk about the latest in music, tv, computer games or fashion.
.
I think it is so sad to see children today worrying about their image and appearance. It seems they want to leave their childhood behind as fast as they can, and sooner rather than later enter what they think is an exciting adulthood.
.
It is my opinion that children should be children for as long as they can. You are only a child for a short period of time in your life so you better embrace it and make it the best. Take the chance to do those things that only a child can get away with- dress in crazy coloured clothes, wear your hair all messy, play kissing and hugging games and jump in water piles! Not worrying about what other people will think of you and your looks. You will have plenty of time worrying about yourself and adult things later in life...
,
When I now meet children in middle school I notice that they do not play together the same way children did when I grew up. They also talk about other things than we did. They discuss things which I, when I was twelve, wouldn’t have understood or at least thought of as topics for teenagers or adults. Subjects as what clothes to wear, makeup, how to wear your hair, who’s thin and who’s fat and how to look your best to your friends and the opposite sex.
.
Today’s children grow up so fast. To fast! They don’t only talk about things they shouldn’t be concerned about they also dress more like adults and clothes like short skirts, high-heeled shoes, brand sneakers and t-shirts aren’t very suitable for playing. I have seen too many eleven year olds acting like teenagers and think they are too old and to cool to play silly games at school breaks. Instead they gather to talk about the latest in music, tv, computer games or fashion.
.
I think it is so sad to see children today worrying about their image and appearance. It seems they want to leave their childhood behind as fast as they can, and sooner rather than later enter what they think is an exciting adulthood.
.
It is my opinion that children should be children for as long as they can. You are only a child for a short period of time in your life so you better embrace it and make it the best. Take the chance to do those things that only a child can get away with- dress in crazy coloured clothes, wear your hair all messy, play kissing and hugging games and jump in water piles! Not worrying about what other people will think of you and your looks. You will have plenty of time worrying about yourself and adult things later in life...
so true! I couldn't agree with you more.
SvaraRaderaI think you have manage to create a very structured text with suitable paragraphs I especially like your ending paragraph. it wrapes it up. Maybe paragraph 3 and 4 could be joined togheter, they are somewhat the same thaught.
well done!
Hello Sandra!
SvaraRaderaYou have chosen a very important topic. Children are supposed to be children for as long as possible.
The text is very well structured, one idea for each paragraph.
Maybe you could have linked them together more clearly as a help for your reader following your thoughts, but since this was the very first assignment, i think you have done a very good job!
Have a nice weekend!
Emma