For a true TV junkie as my self I have to say it’s very hard pick just one favourite of all the TV series I have watched and followed through the years. It all started with 90’s typical girly series like Beverly Hills 90210, Dawson’s creek and Felicity about teenagers and young adults and their different lives and problems. And of course the Swedish series Tre Kronor and the soap operas Vänner och fiender and Vita lögner.
.
Since than my taste in TV series has changed a bit , even though one of my favourite series is still a girly one- Sex and the city. Otherwise in the last couple of years I have been totally caught up with more adventurous series like Lost, Heroes and Prison Break. Although I’ve actually stopped watching those series now because the stories started to feel more and more messy and the plots unreal and rediculous. It's like they are trying to squeeze out the most of it even though they should have ended the series a long time ago.
.
Since than my taste in TV series has changed a bit , even though one of my favourite series is still a girly one- Sex and the city. Otherwise in the last couple of years I have been totally caught up with more adventurous series like Lost, Heroes and Prison Break. Although I’ve actually stopped watching those series now because the stories started to feel more and more messy and the plots unreal and rediculous. It's like they are trying to squeeze out the most of it even though they should have ended the series a long time ago.
.
Although I have followed a lot of different TV series through the years I must say that my favourite one is the American sitcom Friends. It’s a comedy TV series about six friends in their 20’s and 30’s living in New York. But I’m sure you have watched it, if not as frequently as me, at least once or twice since it at first was aired for ten years and then in repeat almost everyday at Swedish channel Kanal5.
Although I have followed a lot of different TV series through the years I must say that my favourite one is the American sitcom Friends. It’s a comedy TV series about six friends in their 20’s and 30’s living in New York. But I’m sure you have watched it, if not as frequently as me, at least once or twice since it at first was aired for ten years and then in repeat almost everyday at Swedish channel Kanal5.
.
Friends, with its different characters, humours and stories, has something for everyone. I’m sure that you'll find someone and something you like. I love the smart, funny and quick dialogs and its story which always surprises me. Okey, maybe it doesn’t surprise me anymore since I’ve watched through the whole DVD box with all the ten seasons for about seven times, but I always laugh. Although I more or less like all the characters my absolute favourite is Ross. He always ends up in the weirdest situations, saying the goofiest things with the squeakiest voice and has got such funny body language and faces.
Friends, with its different characters, humours and stories, has something for everyone. I’m sure that you'll find someone and something you like. I love the smart, funny and quick dialogs and its story which always surprises me. Okey, maybe it doesn’t surprise me anymore since I’ve watched through the whole DVD box with all the ten seasons for about seven times, but I always laugh. Although I more or less like all the characters my absolute favourite is Ross. He always ends up in the weirdest situations, saying the goofiest things with the squeakiest voice and has got such funny body language and faces.
.
Some of my favourite Ross moments:
.
.
.
.
Dear Sandra,
SvaraRaderaThanks for an enjoyable read about TV series! Your text contains support for your arguments and your language is very good!
When it comes to the introductory paragraph, it would have benefitted from not referring to an assignment question in another text (or to the heading, for that matter). When you write your next text, make sure the introduction can be read on its own and still provide a general background and introduction to the topic you will discuss. It it also desirable to end the introduction with a sentence that will point out the direction the rest of the text will take. In your case, it could have been a question about moving the statement that your taste has changed a bit over the years to the introduction, and then in the subsequent paragraphs you could have kept referring back to how it has changed.
In the second paragraph you deal with a new genre that has caught your interest: adventure. Following the thought of “one paragraph = one idea”, that means that the first sentence does not belong there. Otherwise it’s fine! In paragraphs 3 and 4 you deal with your favourite TV show: “Friends”. Since both paragraphs deal with the same topic, it would have been a good idea to join them up. After paragraph 4 there should have been a concluding paragraph, where you should have summed up your main points, e.g. what you appreciate in a TV series, and then you should have made some concluding remark. Make sure to include that in your next text! You use anumber of transitional devices, which is good. However, make sure to pick the right ones – in “Although I’ve actually stopped watching those series now” you should have used e.g. “However,” instead since you start a new sentence there. You use topic sentences as introductions to your paragraphs, but make sure they are not too long since that is likely to confuse the reader a bit.
As to language, there are a few things to think about. In “It all started with 90’s typical girly series” I guess you want to say something like “It all started in the 90’s with the typical girly series”. Think about the difference between “then” and “than”. In “I’ve watched through the whole DVD box with all the ten seasons for about seven times”, you should delete both “through “ and “for”. Finally, it’s a good thing that you consistently use italics for all the titles – that really helps the reader!
Looking forward to reading your next blog!
Best,
Marika
Hello Sandra!
SvaraRaderaOh, my God! What kind of different memories you have from the TV series. I was a big junkie to of the operas Vita Lögner. I remembered that I bought one of the CD’s from Vita lögner to. My favourite sitcom had been and is still Friends, and the short information about it was very good.
In my spell programme at my computer I got a few errors of some sentence, like the last sentence in the first paragraphs. I think that you want to say that these TV Series is some examples over which TV series that you had been followed when you were young. Maybe you can write that there are some examples. I got some more error in some sentence in my computer, and I found a few typos. I miss one ending paragraph that you summarizes the text. Otherwise, it was interesting to hear what you had been watching at before.
//Susanne Brink
Hello Sandra!
SvaraRaderaI really enjoyed reading your text. It was very interesting. I also like "friends", but my favourite character is Chandler.
Your text was easy to read and you began the paragraphs with their own topic. try to keep the rule: one paragraph-one idea.
I also think that the first sentence in the second paragraph belong to the introduction.I didn't see any big mistakes in your spelling.
Nice, keep up the good work//Agnes
Dear Sandra,
SvaraRaderaI meant to comment on blog assignment #5, but noticed that you haven't written anything since blog #2. Please note that the blogs are set assignments that need to be done in order for you to pass this course. Also, please note that you won't get any more comments from me. However, if you write blog #6 in time, there are some of your fellow students who are supposed to give you comments on that text.
Best,
Marika